Note: On May 15th this service will end and we will be switching over to a new remote desktop service. If you would like to be set up in the new remote desktop system please send an email to email@example.com with your GB number and we will get you configured in the new system.
UW-Green Bay Remote Lab / Remote Desktop FAQs
Notes for First Time Users
- Only Internet Explorer on Windows is supported. Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge do not work.
- Java must be installed and enabled in your web browser. If needed, you can go to the Java website to download and install this free plugin. Since Java is required, Remote Lab will not work on most mobile devices.
- Dial-up modem connections are not recommended or supported.
- If a remote lab connection is idle for 30 minutes, it will be automatically logged off.
- Maximum connection time is three hours. After three hours you will be warned and then logged off. You may log back in if a machine is available.
Problems: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Operating System and Version
- Browsers used
- Java Version
- Problem description -- please be as specific as possible